We Go The Extra Distance For Our Clients
Did A Negligent Driver Cause Your Bicycle Accident?
Every year, 540,000 bicyclists visit emergency rooms and 27,000 of them are hospitalized. Many of these visits are due to collisions with other vehicles.
Bike crashes can cause irreversible damage to the rider, commonly resulting in death, head injuries, spinal cord damage, broken bones and fractures, road rash resulting in lacerations, and sprains and strains. A recent report indicated that more than 700 bicyclists die each year due to collisions with vehicles.
If you or a loved one was injured in a bicycle accident due to the negligence of another driver, contact the bicycle injury lawyers at Ashenden & Associates, P.C.
Cyclists Most At Risk Of Automobile Injuries
Bicycle injuries due to driver negligence can happen to anyone, but riders most at risk are recreational, commuter and competitive cyclists.
- Recreational bikers include riders of all ages, skills and abilities. Often, these cyclists are adults and young children who are not familiar with traffic laws and protocols on the road.
- Many commuters today use bicycles as transportation to and from work or school. Commuter cyclists travel during the busiest times of day in morning traffic and evening rush hour. During the fall and winter, these cyclists are at greater risk of injury due to less daylight and more time spent riding at dusk and dawn.
- Competitive cycling groups travel at high speeds along residential and busy roads while training for upcoming tours and races. There is little room for a cyclist and vehicle to share in a standard-width lane, but many drivers are reluctant to move over.
Our bicycle injury attorneys have experience working with a variety of cycling incidents due to driver negligence and traffic law violation. If you or someone you know has been involved in an auto-related cycling accident, the team at Ashenden & Associates, P.C., can help.
Common Bike Accident Causes
Common causes for bicycle accidents involving other vehicles include:
- Vehicles turning into bikes as they cross the street
- Cars illegally entering the bike lane
- Drivers making last-minute turns into bike riders
- Vehicle doors being opened in front of oncoming bicyclists
- Drivers not seeing bicycles on two-lane roads
- Drivers getting distracted by cellphones, tablets or other devices
- Drivers operating vehicles when drunk or intoxicated
Seek Compensation For Damages
In a bicycle accident case, you may be able to seek compensation for the following damages:
- Emotional distress
- Medical bills
- Missed work
- Loss of work or income due to injuries
- Property damage
- Loss of income from an injured or deceased spouse
- Funeral costs
Contact Our Bicycle Accident Injury Lawyers At Ashenden & Associates, P.C.
If you or a loved one was injured or killed after being struck by a vehicle, contact an experienced Sandy Springs bike accident attorney at Ashenden & Associates, P.C.
Our Sandy Springs firm has handled many bike accident cases, helping Georgia residents seek compensation for their medical bills, lost wages, emotional distress, pain and more.
If you have questions about our services or want to file a bicycle injury claim, contact us at 770-394-8909 or online.