We Go The Extra Distance For Our Clients

Recent Posts

How Do I Get Compensated For Personal Injury?

Legally speaking, getting compensation for the injury you’ve suffered is usually a fairly straightforward process, so long as the other party is demonstrably at fault. That said, it’s important to be proactive and to understand the situation. Read on for our quick, two-step guide for ensuring that you receive what you are rightfully owed.

Will Insurance Cover It?

Often, there will be one or more insurance providers pertinent to the incident. In accidents involving vehicles, it’ll be the auto insurers; if you slip and fall on another person’s property, it could be their liability insurance; if you’ve suffered from a medical treatment, there’s probably relevant malpractice insurance. If it’s clear that the other party is at fault, you can expect to receive an offer that may or may not cover your full damages.

Obtain any evidence possible that relates to the scene of the incident, or to your subsequent medical bills and other costs. If you receive an early offer it will almost always be unfair.,

Taking Legal Action

If your injury is anything greater than superficial bumps and bruises, you should strongly consider consulting with a personal injury attorney before deciding to accept a settlement. Oftentimes, injuries that appear relatively minor can have lingering effects on your life in the years to come, and hidden costs may end up mounting. If you aren’t at fault for the incident, why should you foot the bill simply because you didn’t realize what you were owed at the time?

Even just having professional representation may be enough to encourage the other party to act more fairly towards you. And if they don’t want to admit fault or compensate you appropriately, filing a personal injury claim may be your best course of action. A good attorney will be experienced in these matters, and will help you to understand your rights – and to fight for them.

If you’ve been the victim of injury at the hands of another party, call Ashenden & Hollingsworth, P.C. today at (770) 394-8909 for a free consultation on your options for legal recourse.